Friday, November 12, 2010

Welcome to the show.

Ames, Iowa yesterday. Out of the hectic rush that it was and a lot to do the day and the show went pretty well. I spent my day before the show making phone calls, emails and other miscellaneous efforts to ensure that our tour goes smooth. That is often easier said than done. I did get a chance to take a break and have lunch with Vic though. He's a really smart bloke, very humble. Then came showtime. A good rush comes about as it's the first show that we've really done in a year and a couple months (with exception for Pointfest). Although it wasn't a huge crowd, energy was good and the set sounded really good overall. Good times. The people from the venue and the fans were all great, really nice people. It's rock and roll, I love that so many people from so many walks of life can come out and leave the world at the door, even if it's only for an hour or so. We had a good time after the show as well, capped off by my first gyro. It was really good, even though I was hungry enough to eat my own hand. Either way, it was good food. Getting a good night of sleep was a great after such a long day. Sleep can be hard to find in this lifestyle but ensuring that I'm on my game all day long is imperative.

Well, we are on our short trip to Cedar Rapids now. We are all excited for the show as the cro there is great. Until then I'm going to relax and enjoy some music before the exciting parts of the day come. I'll end with a valuable lesson I was reminded of today: Everyone has a valuable lesson to be learned. Even if they don't know they are transmitting that lesson, it's important that we try to decipher it and grow from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment