Monday, November 8, 2010

Welcome to Another Day In The Life...

Here it is. The inevitable is occurring right now at my fingertips. I am writing my first "blog" (Although I dislike the term). This has been an item that I have been thinking about doing for quite some time now, and am finally taking the committing step. My work here will be based on the daily life of me, Tanner Steel, in and throughout my journeys of the world.  I am a vagabond and a student of life, an opportunist and a philosopher. I am a thinker and a student. Most of all I am just a guy making it day to day in life.  I wanted to write a bit here and there though to let my thoughts on the world out as well as give a sneak peek into a world few really ever see. Over the next couple weeks I will be posting about my travels around the country with the band HURT, whom I work for. I will share my daily insights on life, music, philosophy, food and other general outbursts as I see fit. Enjoy the ride, it's half of the trip.

Day (-)1:
I am here. Ready. About to leave on what feels like what will be a very short escapade into rock and roll. A teaser of what I have done in the past two years and hopefully a taste of more that will come in the following months. I am leaving on my first tour with HURT in more than a year. It is strange to me because the business of music I feel is what makes me who I am, and drives me day to day. It is the job I acknowledge myself by even when I'm not a participant. Sitting here chatting with my girlfriend Ali (<- Lovely), I am excited. Even though the event will last only 13 days, spanning seven shows in only 5 states, I feel that it will put me back in the swing of things and in place where I feel most at home. We will see how it goes, although it's always a great time with those gents. True class acts they are, family to say the least.  Well, it's about bedtime, and this short initial post will heed more. I'm hoping for at least one post per day depending on the action and excitement of our travels. Until then, I will try to find someone to actually read this. Otherwise I am sending out signal to infinite nothingness. So if you find yourself here, stick around, good times are just around the corner.

P.S. Conan O'Brien rocked the house tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment