Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Good times, good times.

Today has been a long day thus far. It's late and I've been up and at it since the early hours of the day.  Being anxious and excited kept me awake last night and adrenaline kept me awake through the remainder of my trip today. I woke and caught a plane from home to Chicago. Chicago is a beautiful city and I could ramble along about its incredible micro-global society and old-time city feel where you think you may be able to step back into time where life was more simple. Short lived was my stay, I picked up the van and was off to St. Louis (St. Peter). It was a long and somewhat grueling drive as I was fatigued. Some good music got me through and Frank Sinatra brought the whole thing home and made the last hour fly.  Finally getting here was great. It's been so long since I've seen the guys that it feels good to get away from the humbug of what life at home can create and really get into my element.  It was good to see the guys all doing well as well as meet the bands new drummer, Vic.  A nice guy that Vic, a rambunctious lad with a good head on his shoulders. Everyone else was good as well. After a quick last run through of the set (GOOD) we all relaxed and had some great pasta (ALSO GOOD). The night was swell and it was good to catch up on stories and laugh off some steam before we get things going.  Tomorrow will be the last real day of preparation, and though most of my leg work has been completed I always have to stay on top of the gameplan because it can be ever-changing. A great time nonetheless.

It's late now and I think I am about to go to bed. Sorry today didn't carry any exciting news or deeply insightful thought, if anyone is even giving this a read.  Today was a day for recollection, not necessarily for breaking new ground. As for today, revolution is put on hold as we look into the past. I think it is important to be conscious of these things as the world proceeds to move forward at an exponential rate.  Anyway, that's enough of my nonsense ramblings as I am almost certain that I am too tired to write something really valid.  Maybe tomorrow will lead to more thorough stories of grandure and excitement. Until then, Goodnight World. 

Sorry for all the nonsense today, I will try to better organize tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment